Wednesday, August 12, 2009

New apartment and new friend!

This last week has been a blur!!! I apologize for not writing, not like anyone reads this but it's the principle. Anywho, I moved into the apartment on Sunday!!! YAY APARTMENT! It's fantastic, everything looks like a log cabbin right now, I LOVE IT!!! It took me forever to get unpacked and I'm still not really done. There are still some boxes and I need to keep cleaning. It's just so DRAINING doing all this cleaning and unpacking and such. I take many-a-needed break.
I would post pictures (that i have already took) but my internet connection is oh-so-slow because i'm stealing anth's internet.... :(

WELL i've also found a new friend. Her name is bamboo and she's a panda bear hamster! My mother gave me a hermit crab cage she was given from somewhere or another. Anth and i went to the pet store (petco - give credit where credit is due) and i looked at the hermit crabs, with every intention of buying one. The problem was i just couldn't get into it. They're ugly... and expensive. The research i did showed they are expensive, ugly and rather mean little crustacians. I can't get into it no matter how hard i try.
Then i looked at the hamsters. Then I saw bamboo. Then I fell in love. She is the most adorable little ham ever. She looks just like a mini panda!!! We did a photo shoot, but I don't think blogger is going to let me upload that either. damn internet connection.

I got her yesterday and she has already peed on me twice, once in the store and again on my pillow :(((
She's very mellow but she's also very shy. She doesn't do a whole lot and she won't accept food from me... I suppose I am rushing things a bit, but i didn't know any better. I did my research today and now i know what her deal is. I have to leave her alone for a little bit. :\

She's just so darn cute I want to cuddle her!!!

0 comments: