Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Christine

I am in the library again, giving myself some play time before I have to hit the books - hard. I went to starbucks before hand and got myself a grande nonfat caramel macchiato (i always feel like such a loser when i order them, but they're so darn good!). They asked for my name so they could shout it out when it's ready (college thing i suppose) and so I told them "Kristin", although sometimes I like to give them fake names, just for kicks. Well they wrote it as Christine and pronounced it as such. Luckily, when they shouted it out they also yelled my order (more silly-embarrasment) so I knew it was mine.
Christine was going to be my name, that's why I got Kristin. Don't get me wrong, I love my name but I do wish it was Christine sometimes. It's such a pretty name. My mother's sister, my Aunt Debbie, beat her to it with her first born. It's my grandmother's name.
I don't even remember my Nana's name... this bothers me. She was always "nana".
I kick myself sometimes for not doing my biography from 6th grade on her. I love my grandma, but she's still around. Nana passed away a while ago, I seem to remember 2003, and I never knew all that much about her. I wish i had asked more questions and had more pictures.
I still have the most precious of memories with her, but I just wish i had something tangible. I should be grateful for the time i had with her, this is a bit selfish of me.

Woah, so heavy!

Side note: Nonfat Caramel Macchiato - the only reason i even know of the deliciousness that is the NCM is because of this Youth Group Leader, Melissa from Living Word CC. Back when she and I would go out to talk and such (oh goodness don't get me started...) she used to order them. I think that's the only good thing that came out of those meetings...

Okay, play time is over. Time to HIT THE BOOKS!

0 comments: